The Boston Institute for Nonprofit Journalism’s Somerville Wire is running this municipal announcement in the public interest.
The Somerville Licensing Commission seeks the public’s assistance in disseminating the Commission’s requirements for outdoor dining in Somerville restaurants. These requirements are intended to assist patrons in behaving responsibly, to help keep other patrons, the general public, and restaurant workers safe in this time of pandemic.
Requirements for Outdoor Dining in Somerville Restaurants
In order to insure the safe and successful implementation of the city’s outdoor dining initiative for restaurants in this time of pandemic, the Somerville Licensing Commission requires that all patrons adhere to the following:
● Masks are required at all restaurants, indoors and outdoors, unless seated.
● Unsafe behavior – Patrons must observe social distancing before entering, and after leaving, the outdoor seating areas.
● Overcrowding – Seating must be separated by at least 6 feet. Restaurants cannot adjust their approved seating plans for tables and chairs.
● Operating after hours – Food and beverage service must end by 11:30 PM. All outdoor seating must be vacated by 12:00 Midnight.
● Unruly behavior – Alcohol must not be served to suspected intoxicated patrons, or anyone under the age of 21.
● Entertainment – No recorded or live music is allowed in any outdoor seating areas.
We urge you to call ahead for reservations. Please help us to keep you, other patrons, the general public, and our restaurant workers safe. The success of outdoor dining depends on all of us. Thank you for your cooperation. Stay safe.
For more information about Covid-19 visit https://www.somervillema.gov/covid19.